Perspective Poker

September 2, 2008

Unanderra - Tuesday

Tonight i played at Unanderra for the second night in a row. There was a buy in of $5 for the tournament. I started off steady... winning some early pots. One hand i was involved in was very interesting. There was an under the gun strattle (betting before you get cards) of 300. There was one caller and action had come around to me.... i looked down at an A K. I min re-raise the strattle. The strattler then pushed all in over the top, the guy who originally called, called that bet and so did i. The flop was K K 6... i flopped a monster. But being a dry side pot i decided to check it and so did he... The action was checked all the way down to the river and i turned up my hand... He had a K 10 and also hit trips so if i had made a bet i would have got a lot of value out of my trips.
A few hands later i decided i was going to bluff the next hand just to shake things up a bit. I was dealt QS 2S. Sure enough i raised to 400 when the blinds were 50/100. I was behind the dealer so i was in good position to bluff at the pot. However, all 3 people after the button called my raise. The flop was JS 5S 8S... bingo, i had flopped a flush. The woman first to act led out and bet 700 which my buddy in the big blind called. I then re-raised all in, the button next to me then re-raised all in aswell. Big blind called... I turned over my flush, the button turned over 2 pair and then the big blind turned over the nuts flush. He had the A high flush compared to my Q high. This knocked me out of the tournament.
Later after the break i was able to buy back in. I sat at a new table that was made for the people buying back in. The 3rd hand i got was pocket J's, first to act makes the raise. I call striaght away. There were no over cards on the flop, the pre-flop aggressor bets 1500. I raise to 4000 and he calls. The turn is a Q which could be a card that beats my hand. First to act checks and so do i. The river is a 4th spade on the board and i remembered that both my J's were black, so i have the J high flush. First to act pushes all in and i call. He turned over the 8 high flush and i turned up my J high. It was funny because this guy was the same guy i knocked out the yesterday with my A K against his pocket 2's.
The final table was not too long after that hand. I'll skip ahead to a hand that i was big blind... There were 4 limpers (people who just call the blind) and i look down at an A J. I push all in, one person looks at his cards for ages and then shows me his pocket 2's and says 'fold'. I turned over my A J and showed him it was a coin flip.
Later on i get an A K on the button against the blinds. I push all in, small blind almost folds and then changes her mind and calls. I showed my A K and she showed me Q 5. I was the dominant favourite. She misses everything on the flop however she does have a backdoor flush draw (needs running suits to make a flush) and a club hit the turn... this was a scare card... She needed any club or a Q to win the pot and sure enough... the 6 of clubs... I was out of the tournament in 7th place. It was a good tournament in the end... I made some bad moves early on and was just unlucky in the end.... again :|

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home