Perspective Poker

September 22, 2008

Unanderra - Monday

Tonight i played at Unanderra. Action was slow at my table... a lot of folding. I guess everyone was getting the same cards i was... After 40 minutes of play i finally got some playable cards... J J. I pushed all in after first to act pushed as well. First to act showed me a 2 2 and asked if i had him beat and i showed him my hand... Action was on the big blind... He thought about calling and then did so for 700 more. He tuned up 7S 8S... a suited connector. Definately big hand beaters... The flop was 10S 4S 4D... The flush draw was scary...The turn was a 6C.... The river was a KD... The flush did not hit and i tripled up. The break was then on.
After the break i was back to getting mediocre uncallable hands. I ended up getting an A J third to act after a limp in. I raised it to 1000 total leaving myself with 1300... The limper called... The flop was 10C 6C 4C. He checked and i pushed all in. I figured he did not hit and even if he had he would fold cause of the flush out there. He announced 'I call, but your probably ahead'. My read was correct he did not hit anything on the flop i just was not expecting the read he made on me... Although he did have a lot of chips so that could have influenced his call... He turned up an A Q and took down the pot.
I wanted to play another sit n' go this week and so i asked the TD (Tournament Director) if he could organise one. One was organised and we started playing. After around 10 hands i get pocket J's and raise the cost to play to 425 up from 100. I got one caller... The flop was a similar one to the last. It was 10C 7C 3C... I pushed all in... 1600 more... He called and turned up 9C 10H... He had top pair and the flush draw... It didn't come and i won the pot. I was now chip leader.
A few hands later i limped in under the gun with an A 5. The guy to my right called the guy to his right called and the guy to his right raised to 300. After 6/9 people in the hand called... i decided to call since i also already had 100 invested. The flop was A K 5... awesome flop for an A 5... I check and much to my dissapointment so did everyone else. The turn was a 7. I bet 400 and get 1 caller... on the river was an 8... i bet another 400 and got called... He turned up an A 9 and i took down a massive pot.
After getting a few more chips from spiking top pair and someone pushing on a flush draw the numbers started to decline. I was taking down some pots because of my table image (the perspective that players have of you). My table image was that i only played good hands. I was pushing with any A J or better.
We were down to 4... play was slow until there was a raise on the button... i was in the small blind and looked down at an A Q and reraised all in... he called. He turned up pocket J's and i turned up my hand. It was a coin flip... The odds at this point were probably 48%/52% he was ahead... Another club saturated flop hit the board 9C 8C 4C... It was still a coinflip at this point... The turn was a 7D... The river a KS... I did not make my hand and was knocked out in 4th position.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home