Perspective Poker

October 30, 2008

Cabbage Tree - Thursday

Another day another freeroll. The tournament started off pretty good for me tonight... I won a few average sized pots after hitting top or middle pair when the quality of my hands got better i started to lose. I limped in with a QS 10S and after no raise i saw a flop... AS 8S 7D. I flopped a flush draw... I led out with with a bet of 75 (25/50 blinds) on the come (a term used when someone bets on a pretty strong draw). I got one caller... I did sense a bit of weakness in his call however... maybe he was on the same draw as me... so i made up my mind to keep betting even if the draw did not come... The turn was a 4H... not an action card... I doubled my bet to 150 trying to represent the A. He called... reluctantly. At this point I both, wanted to hit my flush and not hit my flush... If my flush hit I figured it would probably win (being the second nuts) but there was a small chance he was calling with the nuts flush draw (the KS)... He might have layed down the smaller flush draw on the turn after my bet... I was pretty sure however, I could steal the pot away from him with a big bet on the end if the flush did not come. The river... JS. My flush hit... I doubled my previous bet... 300... He min raised me... It became obvious that he was also on the draw... I announced "There is one card I am afraid of you having. But, I have to call."... Sure enough he showed up a KS 4S and took down the pot.
A hand just before the break I was in the big blind... Small blind asked the dealer "Can I have pocket Queens please... suited."... I replied with "Ill have Aces suited then... So I can split em." After a few limpers i looked down at my cards Q Q... I was surprised (which i did not show on the outside mind you). I raised 400 more (550 total)... I got one caller... After a 9 high board I bet 600 and took down the pot... I showed my Queens to the small blind and then the rest of the table...
After the break i was experiencing a bit of a cold deck... I was in the small blind for 200 and there was a massive raise of 1800... I looked down at my first card... a K "Oh please pair up"... My next card... an A... It did not pair up but i put him on Jacks... or at least a pair... So I knew it was a coin flip... I reraised all in and was quickly called... He turned up Queens and I turned up my A K... The window card was an A... Second card K and a 9... Although this may seem like a pretty good flop... all cards were clubs... I darted my eyes over to his hand and sure enough he had the Queen of clubs... The turn... 8C... He had made his flush... With no A or K on the river I was knocked out of the tournament.
With the risk of making this post too long... After the tournament i played a 6-max sit n' go for a Main Event ticket... Johnno dominated... Every hand he played he won... The second hand he tripled up... He opened up with a raise which was reraised quickly by Brett... Joker called... I looked down at pocket 6's which I quickly threw away... Johnno reraised all in and was called by both Brett and Joker... Johnno had pocket Kings and was up against two A K's. After no Ace Johnno raked in a pot of close to 9k.
A few hands later Matt pushed all in UTG. Johnno quickly reraised... I looked down at an A Q... Not the hand you want to see in this position. I threw it away... Matt turned up A J and Johnno turned up Pocket 10's... After no A or J (or Q :P)... Johnno took down the pot and we were 3 handed...
I was in the big blind and was faced with a raise from Johnno... I looked down at pocket 10's... I quickly reraised all in... Johnno called and turned up K 10 suited... The first two cards gave him the flush draw... But the turn was a K and left me drawing for the case 10... It did not come.
Johnno lost his first hand heads up... a pretty amazing feat since he played almost every hand. But... after he raised and was called preflop... And after a board consisting of A Q 10... Steel pushed and Johnno called and turned up a K J (the nuts straight) Steel was holding a J 10... Johnno won the Main Event ticket.

1 Comments:

Blogger The Punisher said...

I ran so good in that 6 max

November 6, 2008 at 2:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home